home court

There's No Place Like Home

Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Oregon Coast

My brother Jess and his family (his wife Kelly and children Kaitlin, Kourtney, and Keegan) came to visit us last week. It was so nice to have family here. We went to Newport, OR on the coast to play in the sand for a few days. My brother's oldest daughter Kaitlin, has said all summer that she "wanted to fly a kite on the Oregon coast."
Brock really had fun with his cousins. He and Kourtney became good pals. She was willing to play firefighter with him without complaint. She tried to get him to play house. Kourntey told Brock, "you can be the boy and I will be the girl." Brock responded with a firm "No, but we can play firefighter."

Riley is in absolute heaven on the beach. After getting wiped out by a wave last spring he has no desire to go in the water. But, there is an unlimited amount of sand. You could stick him in a pile of dirt or rocks and he would be happy. He has always been that way. I don't think his love of dirt will change any time soon.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh your boys have grown SO much!! I love the Picture of Brock with his arm around Kourtney (?). They are such darling boys. I missed not having a family reunion to go to again this summer! That was so fun! I'm glad you are all doing well!
Lindsay

camfox said...

Cute pics Shan. Sounds like a great time. Too bad Riley is still afraid of the water. :(